Take A Look at Disney

11/7/12

Can We Talk about Tom Hanks As Walt Disney




Saving Mr. Banks is an upcoming biopic about how Walt Disney got the film rights to Mary Poppins.   Tom Hanks has been cast as Walt.   And today,  pics of him as Walt Disney have been released.   And I have to say that I don't see Walt Disney,  I see Tom Hanks.   I knew this was going to happen, the moment this film had been announced because when it comes to Walt Disney, who is  one of my heroes,   I can't picture anyone as Walt.   The only person I see when I think of Walt is Walt, so in that sense I always feared that no actor would live up to the image of Walt Disney in my mind.   


Tom Hanks is a great actor and if you asked me,  I say his two best performances are Forest Gump and Castaway.   But going back to this,  I will say that they do have certain aspects of Uncle Walt down right.  Such as the suit as that does look like the type of suit that Walt would wear.





But I think the area lacking is the face and I know it's hard when looking at Tom Hank's face, I still see Tom Hanks.  I wish they had done some kind of make up to make him look more like Walt.  I'm so torn here.   Look,  I want to give Tom Hanks the benefit of the doubt as he's a great actor and there is one area that I hope to god, he doesn't fail on.  The voice,  Walt's voice to me is perhaps his most distinguishing feature.  Yet it's just a regular voice but with how often it's been heard, people know what Uncle Walt sounds like and I don't want to just hear Tom Hanks speaking his lines as Tom Hanks.   Look,  I realize that this could come across as me being unfair but this biopic is different then others that have come out in the past because while I like these movies,  I have a truly invested interest in because of who it is about.  I mean just to give you an idea, I've read five different biographies about Walt Disney and there are still more out there that I'd like to read.  Again,  I think I'll just wait for the trailer to see Hank's delivery.  What are your thoughts?       

1 comment:

  1. Does your site have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to send you an e-mail.

    I've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.
    Feel free to surf my homepage ; watch nfl online

    ReplyDelete