Take A Look at Disney

12/25/12

Top 6 Rapunzel Moments




One of my favorite characters from a recent Disney film is Rapunzel.  Out of all the post '90s, Disney films, I consider Tangled the best one yet.  That's why today I'll be counting down my Top 6 Rapunzel Moments.  With that out of the way, let's begin.


6.  When Will My Life Begin






What a great introduction for Rapunzel.  Okay, to be honest when I first saw the trailers for Tangled, I didn't want to see it but then I saw this introduction and I knew that it was going to be a good film.   Seriously, I love this as an introduction for Rapunzel. It lets us know who she is, what she likes and what she does but she feels trapped because her entire life, she has been kept in the tower.  She just wants a real life and wants to leave. I think that is what makes this such a great song, and while yes it's an "I Want" song, it's different because Rapunzel just wants to be able to have her own life outside of the tower.




5.  Getting to See The Floating Lights












Here's  another big moment for Rapunzel.  All her life, she'd wanted to see the Floating Lights and on her 18th  birthday, she finally gets that. The one present, she'd always wanted. To see the lights and it was also at this point when her and Flynn were sealed as a couple.  This was just a sweet moment for Rapunzel and that shot right there of her and Flynn sitting in the boat surrounded by the lights is just so gorgeous.  I couldn't be anything but happy for Rapunzel when she got to see her lights.  Plus it led into the second best song in the movie.








4.  Leaving The Tower


















This is one of the biggest steps that Rapunzel takes. Leaving the tower is a big deal for her as she's been stuck in it all her life and we can see at the beginning, her conflicting feelings over whether she should leave or stay. Which leads to a funny montage and it is also reflected in the 1st reprise of When Will My Life Begin.






With this reprise, we hear Rapunzel asking the same question and being scared. I think the big thing that seals the conflict for me is the way she says door.  Now  also taking a look at the 2nd reprise, we see how excited Rapunzel is to finally be out of the tower.






In the second reprise, we hear how excited Rapunzel is about getting to leave and to finally experience her dream and her life is finally beginning.



3. Trying to Use The Healing Song to Save Flynn From Dying











Okay, if this were a Flynn Rider list, this moment would be # 1.  While I See The Light truly showed how much these two loved each other. I think this moment showed what great lengths they would go to each other. I mean Flynn was dying and Rapunzel had already had his hair cut by Flynn and Rapunzel was not giving up in using The Healing Song to save Flynn. Now yes, they do use the cliche of the teardrop bringing a character back to life but I think it worked and it was a sweet moment because Rapunzel was trying so hard to bring Flynn back.




2.  Standing Up To Mother Gothel


















Rapunzel: I'm the lost princess.
Mother Gothel: Mother Gothel: Oh, please speak up Rapunzel. You know how I hate the mumbling.
Rapunzel: Rapunzel: I am the lost princess, aren't I?... Did I mumble, Mother? Or should I even call you that?
Mother Gothel: Mother Gothel: Oh Rapunzel, did you even hear yourself? Why would ask such a ridiculous question?
Rapunzel: Rapunzel: It was you! It was all you!
Mother Gothel: Everything that I did was to protect... YOU.
[Rapunzel pushes past her]
Mother Gothel: Rapunzel.
Rapunzel: [walking down the stairs] I've spent my entire life hiding from people who would use me for my powers?
Mother Gothel: Rapunzel!
Rapunzel: Rapunzel: I should have been hiding... from YOU!



This was a moment that I knew had to be in my top 3. This is the moment when Rapunzel went from being a shy and timid flower that was under Gothel's thumb to becoming a young woman that can stand up for herself.  This is one of the most crucial moments for Rapunzel's growth as a character. I've always felt at the beginning Rapunzel feels like a teenager but when she gets her hair cut and as she grows, she becomes more of a young adult.  Going back to this moment, I just feel that it is great to finally see Rapunzel stand up for herself.  It just shows how much confidence she now has in herself because earlier in the film, there is no way that Rapunzel would've dared said anything like this to Mother Gothel.   Y'know you can compare this to when Quasimodo stood up to Frollo because they are practically the same... except for Frollo is more vicious then Gothel.  But you get the idea, they have both been hurt by someone that they thought loved them and would care for them but that wasn't the case at all. It finally clicked and they finally got the chance to tell that person off.



1. Reuniting With Her Real Parents














Again, this is a moment that I knew had to be on my list and I went back and forth over whether or not, I wanted it to be # 1. At the end of the day though, it had to be # 1. What a beautiful moment for Rapunzel. She finally gets to be with her family again and just look at the way, her mother embraced her. She knew it was her daughter, the moment she saw her. I think that is one of the best things about this scene, there is no dialogue because no one needs to say a word, they just know and they are just so happy to be a family again and Rapunzel getting to be with her real parents after everything she went through is such a great way to end the film.



There you have it ,My Top 6 Rapunzel Moments. Tell me in the comments what are some moment from Tangled for Rapunzel or any other character that stood out to you. Peace! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! In the end I got a webpage from where I be able to
    actually take helpful facts regarding my study and knowledge.
    Also see my page :: immobilien in Antalya

    ReplyDelete