Take A Look at Disney

8/8/13

Sterling Holloway Spotlight: Jock's Song (Lady and The Tramp)





Hello & welcome back to the Sterling Holloway Spotlight.  Today's article is going be a bit different as we will not be using the usual categories.  Instead,  I'm just looking at one scene from Lady and The Tramp as you see, Sterling had the distinction of being the singing voice for Jock.  You see, his regular VA was Bill Thompson, however Sterling was brought in to do Jock's Song.  Now I had to check, the Disney Wiki,  the Lady and The Tramp Wiki and many other various sites to confirm that Sterling did indeed.  Here's a link to the video.  If my I'm wrong about this, it wouldn't surprise me because there is so little information regarding whether or not, Sterling actually did do the singing for Jock but it did sound like Sterling.   I mean, this song isn't even on the soundtrack listing for Lady and The Tramp.



This song right here  is amazing because to me , there was only one time that I was able to tell that this was Sterling.  And that was during Jock's humming but throughout the rest of the song, I really had no idea that it was Sterling Holloway doing the voice here. He does so well that imitating Thompson's Jock that even someone who is a big Holloway fan, may have had a hard time telling that it's Sterling Holloway.  That is true talent.  Trust me,  it was hard finding any information.  If you want to talk about uncredited,  I could not find this part credited to Sterling anywhere but it did sound like him. And this was a neat listen.




Sorry about making this one so short,  I mean I am not 100% confident that it's Sterling because there is very little information.  The page on the Disney Wiki is only about a page long and that page is pretty much the only place, besides the Lady and The Tramp Wiki.  Now I know to take that information with a grain of salt. But I trust my ears enough to think that is Sterling.  If not,  I have something else from this retrospective to put on Top 6 Goofiest Mistakes 4.   Ah well,  join me next week as the Spotlight goes back to it's regular format as I look at...

Roquefort from The AristoCats






No comments:

Post a Comment