Take A Look at Disney

10/16/13

Halloween Music Fridays # 109: The Haunted Mansion






Hello & welcome back to our Halloween celebration and on these next two Music Fridays, we will be delving into theme park attractions that are big hits, this time of year.  Starting with The Haunted Mansion and we will be going around the world as we take a look at different pieces of music from the varying Mansions.  Of course, we need to start with this gem.


Grim Grinning Ghosts





By the way, that includes the full ride audio.  What can one say about this song?  It's just awesome and it's a classic in every sense of the word.   Our Ghost Host voiced by Thurl Ravenscroft (a man who had a voice for Halloween)  is just great.  This is the Disney song that is pivotal for Halloween.  If you haven't listened to this one, yet.  Well, here's your chance! 


Thirteen Days of Christmas

 


For those of you that may not know and this'll be covered more in an upcoming article, this is from Haunted Mansion Holiday.   A Nightmare Before Christmas lay over of the attraction. yay!   Note, my excitement.   I don't like this film nor Tim Burton in general as for this number.  Pass!



Phantom Manor Medley





Now we come to one of the versions of Mansion, I'm not familiar with. Phantom Manor, which  is nothing like our Mansion, it is much darker in tone and story.  And you really get that here, your best bet to understand what this ride is about is either to read DisneyOtoko's article on it or just read about it on the DisneyWiki.   You'll note that when you hear Grim Grinning Ghosts, it has more of a western theme to it. Well, apparently that ties into the ride and just listening to this makes me want to go on this ride one day.




Lonesome Manor







Our last one doesn't come from a park but rather from a game.  My favorite game,  Epic Mickey.   All you see, the worlds in Epic Mickey are based on different attractions and if you can probably figure by the title that this one is Mansion.  Game creator, Warren  Spector has said that Manor was meant to be a combo of the mansions that were around at the time of the game's release and I can feel that with number.  And I love the intensity that composer James Dooley brought to this piece.  Even, if I'm not playing the game, I feel as if I'm there.  And while this is a great piece,  and it's in my top 3.  It's not my favorite to listen to during Halloween, that would be Clock Tower.  A demented take on Small World.  




There you have it,  my look at some different Mansion music.  I hope that you've enjoyed this Halloween Music Fridays. Peace!






No comments:

Post a Comment