Take A Look at Disney

12/1/13

Music Fridays Special (Even Though It's Not Friday) # 113: Hunchback of Notre Dame Songs That Were Cut (Secret Santa For Chilton)




Hello  & welcome to a special Music Fridays.  Yeah,  I know it's not Friday but that's the segment name.  Anyways, this is my Secret Santa for Chilton.  If I remember correctly, one of his favorite Disney films is The Hunchback of Notre Dame.  Well, today I'll be taking a look at the three songs that were cut from this film.  With that out of the way, let's begin.


In A Place of Miracles





Hmm,  this isn't bad but I don't know, it doesn't seem tonally right with these characters.  I think I'd like this song, if it weren't sung by these two.  What do I mean by this?  Well,  this is one of the couples that ultimately did not need a love song.  Again,  it's not bad and it's cute but it feels like it was written for another film.  So,  I'm okay with this one getting the axe but I still like it. 


As Long As There's A Moon






Yeah,  I'm not the biggest fan of this number.  In fact, you might say I don't like it at all.  What is my issue with this number?  I just find it so boring and it drags.  And in parts,  it feels as though they were trying to make this song, a version of "Under The Sea", when honestly,  the film did not need a song like that. Each time, I listen to this number (Actually, this is only the second time in 3 years, I've listened to this) I want it to end.


Someday



It's interesting to note that for this sequence (Esmeralda's  Prayer) ,  two songs were written.  This and "God Help The Outcasts",  which was ultimately used.  Now,  if you recall the credits, you'll know that this song did get played and was sung by R&B group All-4-One.  This is the first time, I've heard the film version and I like it but "God Help The Outcasts" was the better choice but I am still glad that this song did not get lost because it is so beautiful.   And  this may actually be one of my top 3 songs from this film.



There you have it,  my look at 3 songs that were cut from this great film. I  hope that you've enjoyed this special Music Fridays.  Peace!  

No comments:

Post a Comment