Take A Look at Disney

12/1/13

Classic Shorts Showcase: Winter

Hello & welcome back to A Look at Disney.  And before,  I get to my Christmas reviews, there is one Silly Symphony that I must review.  Join me as I take a look at Winter.   This is the last of  "4 Seasons" shorts and throughout the year,  I have been reviewing these shorts.  Winter as pointed out is the last of the "4 Seasons" shorts and unlike the rather disappointing Summer, this was one a step up. With that out of the way, let's begin.



The Plot

Now  just like with the other three shorts in this series,  there isn't too much of a plot here.  It's just animals playing in the snow such as a little bear cub messing with a big bear or a moose using his antlers as paddles through the ice.   Or watching animals ice skate.  All in all,  there isn't very much plot until the very end, when the animals go to the groundhog to see if spring will be coming early.  At first, it is cloudy meaning that spring will come early but uh-oh,  the Groundhog's shadow appears and chases him back into his burrow.   Meaning that winter will continue but the shadow doesn't make it back in.  Thus meaning,  spring will come early.  I will say while I did like this little story touch,  it did seem a tad thrown in at the last minute as the rest of the short was like the other 3 entries in the "4 Seasons"  collection but all in all, this short was a huge improvement over Summer, which was the last short from this series that I reviewed.  This one was quite enjoyable.



Memorable Moments


Now instead of talking about characters,  I'll be talking about what I consider Memorable Moments from this wonderful short.


The Moose















I loved watching the moose and it is in part because next to dolphins,  Moose are my favorite animals and it was so much fun watching this one because he was so cute and so funny.


Animals Come Out To Play














It was so much fun to see the animals coming out to play and I noticed that the bears looked a bit like Mickey and the rabbits in this reminded heavily of Oswald.

Rams
















Yeah,  this has to be one of the funniest moments in the entire short.



Animals Ice Skating
















This part was just so wonderful seeing all the various animals ice skating.



The Groundhog















Now, this part stood because as I said unlike the other three shorts in the "4 Seasons" collection,  this brought in a story at the last minute but it worked and I honestly liked it.   It was funny but enjoyable and it was a nice way of working in a winter tradition.  I also love that on his sign,  it says something like "Weather enterprise".


My Final Thoughts


This is a perfect way to cap off the "4 Seasons" shorts.   While not as good as Autumn or Springtime,  it is miles better then Summer and it feels with a great winter feeling that makes me excited for the holidays.   

No comments:

Post a Comment