Take A Look at Disney

6/17/14

A Look at Disney Sets Sail For Adventure In Storybrooke: Top 6 Hook Moments







Argh,   welcome back aboard the SS Fluttershy and today be a special   one  as  we  be  dockin'   in Storybrooke  as  I countdown   the  Top 6   moments   of  my  favorite  character   from  Once  Upon  A Time.    Killian  Jones  aka Hook.  To me,  Hook  is just all kinds  of awesome and yeah,  he's  nothing like the character from Peter Pan but I don't care because I view  this Hook as  his own  character and he is one of the most popular characters on the show alongside,  Regina, and Rumpelstiltskin.  There's a reason,   the villains are more popular. They're more fun. However having said that, he is no longer a villain and you'd  know  that if you read  my review series The Magic of Storybrooke.  I promise I'll resume the season 3 reviews soon.  Also, it doesn't hurt to plug  the spin-off series of A Look at Disney every once in a while.   Anyways,   let's  see  if  we still  have our land  legs  as we  go along  Storybrooke to  look at my Top 6 Hook Moments.



6.  Hook  and Jello -  In The Name of The Brother












Okay, coming in at # 6,  we have a scene that was cut from the show but I still find it pretty funny.   In the episode right before this, Hook had shot Belle over the town line causing her to lose her memories and land her in the hospital but  Hook also ended up in the hospital because  he was ran over and here in this deleted scene, we see that he gotten up from his bed and had stolen a plate of jello off a tray.  And I just love his reaction to the others'  reaction,  how he just says  "Pirate,  I steal things"   and   Hook  finding  our  food   would eventually  work it's way into  the show as he was arrested in New York in season 3 and was forced to eat Baloney and said it was the most disgusting thing, he's ever had.   But here with the jello,  I just  love that he is dumbfounded by this wobbly  food  and thought it was a hallucination.  Hook,  I know someone that could've answered your question about what jello is.












Hook's  reaction is easily what sells this as he is just awestruck  and the way, Colin O' Donoghue plays it is fantastic  as he makes you truly believe that he's never  seen  jello  before in his life.   Shame that it was cut but these things happen but at least with the release of season 2 on DVD/Blu Ray, people can now seen this deleted scene there or on YouTube and it's  one worth checking out. 


5.  Hook's  Going To Back  Off  -    The New Neverland

























If  there   is  one thing,  I love about Hook  is  that he is so confident  in himself to make  a comment  about himself  being devilshy handsome.  Now, some  might call that cocky  but  a little cockiness never hurt anyone but okay, Hook has a lot but that's not the reason,  I like this scene,  I like  it because all  throughout the show, there was a shipping war between Hook  and Neal  for the main character, Emma Swan.   Fan were divided between Captain Swan or Swanfire.    I fell squarely into  the Captain Swan ship  and  yes,  this  is the only time,  I became a shipper.   I'm a little embarrassed to admit it but  I'm a big Captain Swan shipper and this moment is part of the reason, why as its'  sweet to see that Hook  is willing  to let  Emma and her  old flame work things out, for the sake of their son and doesn't want to get in the way.



4.  Hook  Tells His Secret   -   Ariel

















Here we have a scene from the Neverland arc  (which in retrospect went on way too long),  where our heroes  have to save Neal  and to get to him, they had to reveal their darkest secrets.  And  as you heard, Hook and Emma shared a kiss in this arc but  as Hook said that wasn't his secret,  his secret was that, he was falling in love with Emma and he didn't think that he'd be able to love again.   Kinda  understandable, when your first love is killed by her husband for running away from you and right in front of you and he also takes your hand.  Yeah, Hook and Rumpelstiltskin didn't  exactly like each other in the beginning  and Hook throughout  most of season 2 was built up with anger and blinded  by  his thirst for revenge that he couldn't see anything good in his life but  things changed as he met Emma and  this is a great moment as this is easily, one of the big turning moments for Hook  as season 3  was really, where  you saw him start to redeem himself and become one of the good guys. He still has his pirating moments.


3. Bonding  With Baelfire - And  Straight  On 'Til  Morning



















That young boy, you see right would grow  up to be Neal Cassidy,  Emma's  ex boyfriend that Hook fought with for the affection of Ms. Swan but they started on shaky foot as   his father is Rumpelstiltskin,  the  man that killed Hook's love, who just happened to be Bae's mom,  and Bae believed that Hook  was the killer but that would come up later and that would cause a rift in their relationship as Bae  would find a picture  of his  mother in Hook's quarters and Bae would eventually reject him.









But  before  that big reveal,  these  two  shared a bond  over having a troubled relationship  with their dads and Hook taught Bae things, that a father should  and basically became  his father figure,   not  to dissimilar  to that  of James and Silver in Treasure Island.  I wonder if that was an inspiration for this relationship.


2.   Hook  And Emma's  True  Kiss As A Couple   -  There's No Place Like Home




This shot right here was one of the highlights of the season 3 finale for me as  I just so happy  to finally  see these two  share  a kiss that actually meant something and  it was a true  kiss and it's  show that they do love  each other.  Hey  I said,  I'm a Captain Swan guy all the way,  so of course, this would make me happy. And  indeed I was.


1.  Hook  Vs. Black Beard-   The Jolly Roger


















Just watch this scene because  my words  cannot  capture  the awesomeness of what is going on here.  A sword fight between Captain Hook and Black Beard.   That is SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   For  some background,  in this episode,  Ariel  thought that Hook  had kidnapped   Prince Eric but that wasn't the case but she gets Hook to agree to help her as Black Beard had taken the Jolly Roger and Hook wants his ship back   and he fights for it in a sword fight with Black Beard.  Of course, Hook comes out the victor and Black Beard goes overboard  but I LOVE this moment.  This felt  like something straight out of a pirate movie with the sword fighting and swashbuckling that was going on.   This  isn't  just my favorite Hook moment but my favorite moment of the third season in general for how cool it is.   I mean,  Hook  Vs. Black  Beard. That is  such a great idea and it paid off so well.   I felt like ten year old watching this  because  it was just awesome  and  this is easily one of my favorite duels  from anything ever.  It's  choreographed very well  and I'm a sucker for fights  that go   behind the mass and you see the silhouettes fighting as I've always thought that looked really cool and it did.  Also, you notice Black Beard's outfit, it based  on what  the animated Hook wore.  Though, he looks more like Dustin Hoffman to me.


  









But that's just me.


There you have it, my Top 6  favorite Moments  of Once Upon A Time's  Hook.  I hope that you guys have enjoyed this special countdown.   Join me tomorrow as we continue  our look at Hook as we look at the various  voice actors that voiced the pirate.  




No comments:

Post a Comment