Take A Look at Disney

9/11/14

Music Fridays # 138: Songs Sung By Rapunzel








Hello  & welcome back to A Look at Disney.  We all knew that this was coming sooner or later, with me now doing character based Music Fridays and while Rapunzel may not have as many songs as her peers, she does sing in five songs in her film.  So, that is more than enough to qualify her for one of these.   With out of the way, let's head to Corona to see the lights.





We've been over this before,  I LOVE this song.  It's one of my favorite Disney songs.  It's  my favorite number in the movie and it serves as a wonderful introduction to my favorite princess.  I love the bubbly upbeat and happy nature of this song showing that despite  Rapunzel's  situation,  she tries to have sunny disposition on life and very few things will bring her down.





The first reprise  of When Will My  Life Begin ,  I feel  puts even more weight into  Rapunzel's  situation  as you can hear  her questioning, when will she grow up  and stop living in fear.





The second reprise of  When Will My Life Begin is  Rapunzel taking the first step towards  living a real   life and not living in fear.  She is setting  out on an adventure that  will help to become a mature young woman and it is always a treat to hear as she takes those first steps towards adulthood.  Something many of us do and fear, when we take those first steps.  Heck, I'm 25 and I still feel like I haven't taken that step yet.  







Okay,  so this is more the Thugs'  song but Rapunzel and Flynn do sing in it.  So,  I do think that does qualify it for this list.  And this song is just a fun time showing that these tough thugs are big softies.   Oh, and Vladimir is the original Brony. 





I've  made this joke many times watching the movie since becoming an MLP fan and I never tire of it.   Wish,  I was into the Ponies, when I did my Tangled review so that I could've worked it in there.  Getting off topic.  This  song is just a fun time all around,  that just leaves you with a big dumb smile on your face after you hear it.






My   second favorite song from Tangled.   Y'know, this song reminds me a lot of Kiss The Girl.  Probably the setting but I wouldn't be surprised if it was inspired by that good song. One technique that I really like with this song is how it starts out with Rapunzel and Eugene singing their thoughts but as the song nears it's end,  they sing to each other cementing the love, the two share and that they can finally  share their true feelings with one another and the only things in life, they care about right are each other.



There you have it, my look at songs sung by Rapunzel.  I know this week was supposed to be the poll results but sadly, I can't do that because of what happened with the blogs deleted the polls, thus I have lost the results.   Bummer!   Oh well, I hope that you enjoyed this Music Fridays as much as I did. Peace!










No comments:

Post a Comment