Take A Look at Disney

12/11/14

Christmas Music Fridays # 145: More Disney Princess Christmas






Hello & welcome back to  A Look at Disney and the Christmas celebration here.   I'm one of those people that LOVES Christmas music. Last year,  I looked at some of the Princess Christmas songs that Disney has released and this year, I'm doing a follow up to that. With that out of the way, let's begin.


Christmas In The Ocean








We start with a song sung by one of my favorite characters and it is so much fun with Ariel talking about she celebrates  Christmas under the sea and  it just sounds so much fun to do something like that.  But  I like this song for another reason as it hearkens to Christmas nostalgia for me as a Ariel book about her celebrating Christmas for the first time in Atlantica that I used to read as a kid and  there is nothing better to me than Disney/Christmas nostalgia and this song hits both of those buttons wonderfully.





This song is sweet   and  in a way  reminds me of "I'll Be Home For Christmas"  but I've never heard Belle  sing that song, so I'll take this.  It's cute  and you can just hear how excited she is about returning home and getting to spend Christmas with her papa.  I do have to wonder how that first Christmas with the Prince went after he was turned back into a human though.   Boy, that could've been some interesting dinner conversations.





Yeah,  I wasn't sure what to make of this one.  I applaud the inclusion of Mulan but something about this one just seems to ring false to me.   It's not bad but parts of it feel forced and  not one that I would go back to.


Ariel's Christmas Island









We started with Ariel, so we end with Ariel.   This has always been one of my favorite Christmas songs.  I know that the Ariel version wasn't the first version of this song but it was the first one that I heard and it has become a Christmas staple in my playlist of Christmas song.   Again, this ties back into a nostalgia factor  because of Ariel and  growing up hearing this song.   This is one that I just really love.  It's  just so much fun and puts me in the Christmas spirit every time, I hear it.


There you have it, my look at more Princess Christmas songs.  I hope that you've enjoyed this look at these songs. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment