Take A Look at Disney

8/8/16

A Deal More Lego & Disney




Hello & welcome back to A Look at Disney. This past weekend, I went to Brickfair, a Lego convention where various Lego artist display their Lego models and there were quite a few Disney ones there. Now sadly, I didn't get pictures of all of them but of the ones that I did get, these were pretty cool.  With that out of the way, let's begin.




Lego Disney Models





















This was the first one that really caught my eye as it is varying Disney history here starting with the Pluto pull along toy, which is a recreation of the very first licensed toy that Lego ever made, a wooden Pluto Pull along toy.







Behind that, you have Steamboat Willie Mickey, Pluto, Donald  and next to that you have the characters as they appeared in Hawaiian Holiday. And behind that, you have Mickey Mouse Club March Mickey and finally, Band Concert, Brave Little Tailor, & Sorcerer Mickey.  The only one that seems out of place is Olaf.




Disney Racers






















This one is a bit hard to make out but someone who got all the Disney minifigures built racing cars for them.  Such as Buzz with a spaceship but my personal favorite was Peter Pan's as it was Big Ben.




Gravity Falls Mystery Shack Mech and Bill Cipher






















For any fans of Gravity Falls, someone built the mech that the Mystery Shack was  turned into from the series finale, Weirdmageddon  along with series villain, Bill Cipher and some of the other creatures from Gravity Falls as it recreated some of the other creatures that had been seen in the series run.



This however was perhaps the granddaddy of them all.























The gentlemen that built this traveled all the way from New Jersey to my home state of Virginia with this giant recreation of Cinderella Castle. That actually remembered to put Cinderella on it. That's more than I can say for the official Disney Castle lego set. According to the gentlemen that built this, it is 23 ft in width and he had to bring it in piece by as he had to build all the parts in varying increments.



Now there are two more that I sadly didn't get pictures of but they were cool,  one was a diorama featuring all of the Disney princesses from Jasmine riding on her carpet to Rapunzel in her tower. Merida doing archery and Princess Leia was there as well. The other was a Disney castle built out of Duplo bricks that had Sofia The First, Ariel, and Sofia's sister, Amber on it.  It was cute, the little ones really loved it and they even had the rope lowered so it was at their eye level.



Oh, and I also brought home some new friends. As you remember a couple months ago, I did an article about Disney releasing Disney minifigures and well, three of them are now in my collection.























I now have Mickey, Aladdin, & Ariel in my collection of Disney minifigures.  Ariel is probably my favorite of the three as the mermaid tail is such a unique feature for a minifigure and I may have carried her around a bit including watching the Women's Swimming Olympic competitions with her.



I hope that you enjoyed this look at these awesome Disney Lego builds.  Sorry, I didn't have pictures for all of them and I know it was short but I really wanted to highlight these awesome builds. Let me know in the comments, which one is your favorite. Piece! 

No comments:

Post a Comment