Take A Look at Disney

12/2/11

Music Fridays # 34: Epcot



Hello and welcome to Music Fridays.  Today on Music Fridays, I'll be doing something a little different .   Disney is as well known for their theme park songs such as It's a Small World or Grim Grinning Ghosts. Which both can be found in Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom respectively but what about the music of the other parks such as Epcot.  Well today, I have decided to take  look at the music of Epcot.    Join me for the fun because we will be Makin' Memories.   Ah, speaking of which.




Makin' Memories





This song is just so much fun and I love the way it is sung.  Now I will admit that this was before my time but even still this song is great fun and one that you should check out.  This song is actually from the preshow for Magic Journeys.  For a preshow song,  this is pretty good and just so much fun.  I truly enjoy the sound and of course I expect nothing less as this song was written by The Sherman Brothers.  As for Magic Journeys, we will get to that song but there are some other songs that I wish to take a gander at first.


One Little Spark




Now this song is also from a closed attraction, Journey Into Imagination. Which among the Epcot fanbase has a fairly large following. After hearing the characters of Figment and Dreamfinder is it any wonder? This song is like Small World in that it is so darn catchy and sure Figment's voice can get annoying but he is just so cute.   Here take a look...






This is probably my favorite Epcot song.  Because it is just so happy and fun.  It feels like it could fit into a Disney film quite well.  Hey, Disney you wanna keep making attraction based films. Why not give Figment and Dreamfinder their own animated film?



Tomorrow's Child






Now according to my research this song is from an attraction that still exists, Spaceship Earth or better known to the public as the giant golf ball.   This song was removed which knowing all of the changes that this attraction has gone through is no big surprise.  This song to me is just so hopeful and reminds me of what Walt wanted with his original Epcot plans, a better future.  True,  we didn't get Walt's Epcot but the one we got is pretty cool and this song just shows what should be.


Magic Journeys





To end this Music Fridays, we return to Magic Journeys and take a listen to it's theme song. This song when compared to Makin' Memories is very peaceful and quiet.  This song has a lullaby like to feel it and again I never got to experience this.  This song just makes me all the sadder that I never got the chance to partake in this while it was still in Epcot because it is such a beautiful song.   I find this song can help me to drift off to sleep when I'm having a rough night.  It is such a wonderful song to listen to.  


Join me next week when I take a look at songs from what many consider one of the greatest film trilogies...



No comments:

Post a Comment