Take A Look at Disney

1/8/13

The Second Annual A Look at Disney Character Tourney





As I already said in the forums, the Character Tourney is back.   And this time, it's the ladies' turn as the Disney Princesses duke it out. Now just like last time, I will only vote in the event of a tie. The way, this will work is that there will be 4 rounds,  the first three consisting of two matches each and the winner of each match in their respective rounds will go on to face off against each other and whichever ladies win  their rounds respectively as I said will move on.  Now unlike last time, where we had two rounds, there are three rounds before we get to the final round meaning that there'll be a Final 3 in the end.   Yes, 3 ladies will make it to the finals and like last time,  this blog is to give my thoughts on each of the competitors.   So, let's get going.


Round 1 


Matchup 1:  Snow White Vs. Cinderella 





With this matchup, I see Cinderella taking the win. Mainly because when people think Disney princess, she seems to be what comes to mind.  Snow may be the first but Cinderella  is perhaps a bit more popular then Snow White.




Matchup 2: Aurora Vs. Ariel 







Now there is no doubt in my mind with this match up that Ariel will win.   Why,  I honestly think that she is more popular then Aurora.  Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm sure she has her fans but when compared to Ariel,   there is no way, she win.  Sleeping Beauty is a classic film but The Little Mermaid is held in a higher regard. So, that's why I think Ariel will win. 


Round 2 


Matchup 1 Belle Vs. Jasmine






I see this one being the closest in terms of the outcome but I honestly feel that Belle will take this round.  I don't know why but something in my gut tells me she will  come out the victor.  I just feel like Belle is more popular then Ariel.






Matchup 2:  Tiana Vs. Rapunzel 





It's a good thing that I'm not voting as  we all know who I'd vote for here and probably wouldn't keep it neutral. While I'll make it no secret that I'd love it if Rapunzel won this round and actually ended up winning the entire thing, I don't think that is going to happen. As much as I love Rapunzel and as much as I can relate to her, I see Tiana winning because she seems to be viewed as a stronger female character when compared to Rapunzel. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think that I am.  




Round 3

Matchup 1: Pocahontas Vs. Mulan





I know what I've said in the past but I am going by the Disney Princess line up for this and these two are considered princesses.  Anyways, there really is no question in my mind that Mulan will win.  I just think she is the stronger character when compared to Pocahontas and I also hope she wins because her name is easier to spell. Kidding, just kidding.   Comparing the two, I feel Mulan is a stronger character and I think  part of that comes from how much she was willing to do to protect her family.



Matchup 2: Merdia Vs. Vanellope 




Yeah, this matchup is a bit lopsided but I was trying to go by the order these films were released.  Now I'd like to see Merdia win but I have a feeling that Vanellope will win because Wreck-It-Ralph is more popular and that film is in the public conscious right now.   Even though personally, I think Brave is the better film.   And sorry, this may be a bit spoiler-ish, if you haven't see Wreck-It-Ralph.




So, there you have it. My breakdown of the match ups for the second character tourney.  Let me know what you think in the comments and the first poll has been put up on the blog. 





No comments:

Post a Comment