Take A Look at Disney

1/5/13

Top 6 Forgotten Disney Characters I'd Like to See in The Next Epic Mickey





One of the big draws for me as a Disney fan in playing Epic Mickey is the fact that it would feature forgotten Disney characters and while I do think some of the characters in the first two Epic Mickey games are somewhat forgotten, I feel there are even more forgotten Disney characters that could work in the world of Wasteland.   Now I'll admit that it is hard to work in some of these characters but these are characters that I'd like to see.   Now, I'll admit that characters such as The Gremlins,  Horace, Clarabelle, and the Three Little Pigs are a good start.  Now I'll freely admit, the best lands, I could think of for these characters are OsTown and Mean Street. 




6.  Toby Tortoise and Max Hare 








Now these two came to me while watching their two shorts for Showcase.   Honestly, out of all the Silly Symphony characters, I think that The Three Little Pigs are most well known and here with these two, I'm sure that they have their fans and are known but not as well known and they would  fit in perfectly in Wasteland. They are easily some of the more forgotten characters. Now the big issue on where to place them is tough.  They'd  probably either be in OsTown or Mean Street.  Now you could probably have a challenge where you need them set up their race. Now this is something that I need to clarify, because I'm not sure but in some of the D.E.C. levels, there is a turtle that looks like Toby running on a hamster wheel but that's not what I meant with including him, I actually meant the actual character.



5. Mortimer Mouse (As he appeared in Mickey's Rival)






Okay, granted Mortimer is not as forgotten as Toby or Max but  when you look at his history, it's quite interesting. He debuted in 1936 and didn't reappear until 2000.  Now I can hear some Disney fans saying that he wouldn't make sense because he is still being used. Well, so is Clarabelle and Pete appears in this game and  is still being used.   Now with Mortimer, I could see Mortimer appearing as a character around Mean Street.   He could just be a character that you talk to.  






4.  Cock Robin 





This is a character that I knew that I wanted  on my list.  Cock Robin is a character that I feel is vastly overlooked.  He is such a great character and really, he didn't even get much screen time in his own short.   For Cock Robin, I could see him  being held in the Mean Street court for a crime he didn't commit and you could have a challenge, where you have to prove his innocence.  Probably not the best idea but that is what I came up with. 




3.   The Robber Kitten






Now I may have hated this short and this character but he is a forgotten character.  Now it's hard to think what you could with him.   You could probably have him appear in Tortooga.  He is a character that is all into adventure and you could use that aspect somehow.   It's hard to say but I think he would be a fun addition and I know it's strange that I'm including a character I can't stand but if Once Upon A Time could get me to like Jiminy Cricket, maybe Wasteland could get me to like this character.   



2.  Br'er Rabbit 







Okay, now this one is a bit different because like Mortimer, he is remembered as you can still see him in the Disney Parks but his movie as Disney has said many times will never be released and in that sense, he is being kept from being known in his original medium. So, I truly do think that he would fit in and plus his personality is just so much fun that I think he would be great in the world of Wasteland.  Now for Br'er Rabbit,  I'd actually put him in Ventureland.



1. Clara Cluck







Clara has to be one of the most forgotten characters from the Mickey Mouse universe. While like others, she is still being used in other medium, she did not appear in many shorts.  I believe, she only appeared in two shorts, when she was first around.   Clara is interesting because she's a character that fans may know of but not actually remember.   I may actually have to do an entire article on her a la CR style.   





There you have it, my 6 characters that I'd like to see in the world of Wasteland. I'll freely admit that I don't think this is one of my stronger Top 6's. But I still had fun writing it but this was a tough subject to do but it had been racking my brain since I saw the trailer for Epic Mickey 2. 






No comments:

Post a Comment