Take A Look at Disney

1/5/13

Top 6 People I'd Love to Sit Down and Talk with for the Blog



There are so many people within the Disney community that I admire and respect and would love to get the chance to sit down and talk with. That's why today, I'll be counting down the people I'd love to spend time with to poke their brains and learn more about them.  Now for this list, I'm only focusing on the people that are still alive.


6.  Tom Coreless





Okay, sorry that I don't have a picture for our # 6 entry and chances are is that unless you a super fan or listen to Disney Parks podcasts, you probably haven't heard of Tom Coreless. This guy is just amazing, he took his fandom of Disney, mainly the parks and made a career out of it. He started out with a podcast on Disney World. (Best Disney World podcast BTW) and grew into an entire network.   I mean,  not only has there been a Disneyland podcast spin off but  he also has an online radio station that plays Disney parks music. Some of it really obscure and it also plays original shows such See Ya Real Late, which is late night show and there is so much more.  It fascinates me how one person took his fandom and made an online career out of it. I would love to sit down with him and talk to him about he did it and what his influences were for starting up.  I just think it would be so much fun to be to talk to another fan and one that was able to take his fandom and make a living out of it. Also seeing as he's a Cars fan like me, I'd love to conduct this interview if I could do it in person at Cars Land.  Also it's through Mr. Coreless that I discovered Figment and for that I'm eternally grateful.





5.   Jodi Benson 





Ah, Jodi Benson.   I love love love loved her as Ariel and I would love to get to talk to her about her time in the recording studio as my favorite Little Mermaid.   And I'd also love to hear about her other roles such as Barbie in Toy Story 3.   And how she got cast and I loved to know what it was like singing Part of Your World for the very first time. She just seems like such a sweet lady that I imagine I would have a blast to talk with.   It would be engaging to find out what she did before Ariel such as she's done some stage work and I can only imagine what that was like.   





4.  Jim Cummings  






The man that has done so many voices for the company. I mean, he was Darkwing Duck, he's Pooh Bear, Tigger, Pete and so much more for Disney and beyond.  If you want a great interview for him, check out his interview with Rob Paulsen.   I would love to just talk with him about all the different voices he's done and I just imagine that he would break out his character voices and that would just be hysterical and awesome at the same time.



3. Alan Menken/ Richard Sherman





These two have written the soundtracks of many childhoods.  I would love just love to sit down with both of them and talk about the different songs they've written and what it was like to write those songs and how they came up with them  Also, I'd love to talk them about some of the other songs that they'd written that weren't for Disney. Such as Richard Sherman and his brother Robert wrote for Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang and Alan Menken wrote for one of the funniest musicals of all time, Little Shop of Horrors.  Now I don't know if I don't know if I'd want to talk to them together but I put them together because of how much they influenced the music side of Disney.




2.  John Lasster 







This man has done so much for the company such as abolishing those sequels and he's also brought so many great characters to life such as Buzz and Woody and he just seems he is a big kid at heart.  I would really love to talk to him about Pixar and how the films he's worked on and his early years at Disney before starting up Pixar and what he felt when Toy Story became a success.  This would probably be the most enjoyable of all interviews because I just think it would be so much fun.  






1.  Annette Funicello 





I always knew Annette would be my # 1 choice. She has always been my dream person to interview for A Look at Disney because she just seems so sweet and get to talk to one of the original Mouseketeers would be great. She had been with the company for such a long time from Mickey Mouse Club to how the films, she did and I would really love to get to talk to her about what it was like to be one of the first big name Disney child stars.  Now she is getting up in age and I don't know how much time, she may have left but it would be a dream come true to talk to Annette.  I have nothing but the highest respect for this great lady and for how she did and currently, I'm listening to her autobiography, A Dream Is A Wish You Heart Makes.  (I highly reccomend it by the way) and you can hear how stardom really never got to hear head and she was just a young lady who came from a loving  Italian family.   It is such a sweet listen and while it does answer a lot of questions I have, I would still love to talk to her in person.   I always knew that I wanted to interview Annette. It has always been my dream for this blog, I remember when I started up this series that was something I put on my bucket list for the blog.     












No comments:

Post a Comment