Take A Look at Disney

3/3/14

Can We Talk about Disney Princess Palace Pets







Hello  & welcome back to A Look at Disney .   Palace Pets are a new toy line  that is a spin-off that is a spin-off of the Disney Princess franchise.  Now my reaction to this is where are the pets?   I mean,  here is a glimpse of some of the pets from line-up?

















And  I've noticed that each princess  has been given multiple pets but that really isn't my issue.  And I have no issue with a new toyline,  though  I do question why Ariel has a pet cat?   I mean,  I even recall seeing a picture of Ariel feeding her pet cat, Treasure,  fish food.  WHAT?

















And  as an ardent Rapunzel fan boy,  I will give them credit for using short haired Rapunzel in one of the tie-in books but my biggest issue here is something that I brought up with my fellow Rapunzel fan, Theoix on Dvdizzy.com in the sub forum for this category as he had just heard of this franchise and was wondering, why there weren't any pets from the films in this line-up and  even if Mulan had a pet,  and I reminded him of Little Brother,  which  I think is a little less stereotypical then giving Mulan a pet panda.


















And maybe it's just the Brony in me being crazy but  I find  the fact that Rapunzel,  Cinderella,  and Snow White have pet ponies to be a bit suspect.















And seriously,  you ignore Pascal and give Rapunzel, 4  new pets.  Seriously,  every princess has more than 1 pet in this franchise because it's all about the marketing  And oh, there is only one male pet in this entire line-up, Sultan, Jasmine's  pet tiger.  Why is there only one male pet?  I get that this is a line that is ripping off Littlest Pet Shop but they have more than one male character and not all of the princesses have female pets.  In fact none of them did.   We are coming back to that issue.


















Also, some of  these designs are just kinda creepy, look at Belle's dog and Ariel's pony.







Seriously,  it just  looks like transformed Belle and Ariel into animals.  But as I brought up top,  my biggest issue is where are the real pets, like  Raja,  Little Brother, Meeko,  Pascal or Maximus.   Don't tell me little girls wouldn't play with toys of those characters,  trust me if they saw them with the princesses they would and Tangled is still a relatively popular film and when I saw on Disney On Ice: Rockin' Ever After, there was just as much Pascal and Max merch as there was for Rapunzel but Flynn got the shaft (again)  Seriously,  Disney,  do you hate Flynn Rider?  Because I couldn't even get a Flynn Rider pin to go with my Rapunzel pin at Disney World.  That is my biggest issue,  I don't hate this franchise as it was clearly not meant for me but why are characters that people already love like again,  I'm going to bring up Pascal being ignored for these creepy looking new pets.














Does Disney think that little girls won't play with a Pascal toy because  they have the mindset that  reptiles are icky and gross.   There is a reason,  I chose that image from  When Will My Life Begin?   Rapunzel  is sewing a dress for Pascal to try on and girls do that and you could make that toy for Pascal and I remember when I saw this in theaters,  the little girls loved Pascal.   I'm sorry  that I'm so focused on Pascal but this is true of all the princesses and  especially,  Jasmine, they just replaced Raja for a young tiger cub. If you wanted Jasmine to have a tiger, why didn't you keep Raja.  And Pocahontas has a pet raccoon that is NOT Meeko,  If you wanted a raccoon, why didn't you just keep Meeko.  Seriously,   I have nothing against the idea of Palace Pets in general and if it makes the little girls happy,  who am I to complain.  But at the same time,  I just wonder why, they didn't use the pets from the films.   What are your thoughts on this ?   Let me  know in the comments.   Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment