Take A Look at Disney

8/7/14

Music Fridays # 134: Guardians of The Galaxy






Hello  & welcome back to A Look at Disney and the first Music Fridays on this brand new Manic. And well,  I'm finally doing something Marvel related.  I know, took me long enough.  See, thing is, I was on the fence about doing something Marvel but then  I saw Guardians of The Galaxy and immediately knew that this week's  Music Fridays  had to be about the music that was in the film as the soundtrack is the true star of the movie. The film did a smart thing by using the music  to tie it back to the audience and give us insight to who Peter Quill aka  Star Lord is, and what he liked as a kid. Now,  I won't    cover  all the songs  as this movie  is only a week old.  Instead, I'll just  look at  4 songs  featured  in the movie.



Hooked  On A Feeling  - Blue Swede

Ah,  yes this song.   If  you've seen the trailers  for  Guardians,  you know the  connection already but this song isn't the first song in the film, which was a smart move because  I imagine most people like myself  were expecting to hear this song in the movie itself and holding off using it until when the Guardians are first  arrested was a smart  move.


Come  and Get  Your  Love  - Redbone 

This  was a  great song to use to  open the film and it really gave you a taste for who Peter Quill   aka  Star Lord  is by  playing  this song   and   just the way, it  ties  into  the film is genius  as with all  of the songs that are featured   in this film.  


O-o-h   Child  -  The Five Stairsteps  

The way, this song is woven  into the film  is quite  hysterical  and  makes for one  of the best Marvel  moments  ever.  It's  just really funny and goes onto prove why Star Lord is the best character in the movie.  The way, it is  worked  in the film  just made me chuckle  and it was just great. And this was the first song,  I had to listen to, after I saw the movie. It was just that good. 


Escape  (The Pina Colada Song)


I'll be honest and say I can't remember where this song was used in the film but there were so many great hits in the film, that it was hard to choose which to close out with but you can never go wrong with The Pina Colada Song.  It's  just a fun song that fits perfectly into the world that was set up in this film.  It ties in so well with this fun movie about a ragtag team of  two aliens, a human, a raccoon, and a tree that at first all hate each others' guts.  Well except, Groot,  I don't think Groot could  hate anyone.   Unless you cause his friends danger.  Groot is just adorable.















He  Is Groot


In my opinion,  Guardians of The Galaxy is  one of the best Marvel movies out there and probably the strongest Phase 2 movie to date.  It has a solid cast, wonderful characters and as observed here, a really good soundtrack.   Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment